KELLY CLARKSON RETURNS TO HOST THE “2019 BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS” LIVE WEDNESDAY, MAY 1ST AT 8 P.M. ET/PT ON NBC
- Click HERE to watch Kelly reveal her return during her “Minute + a Glass of Wine” segment at her concert in Dallas, Texas on Facebook Live at the 5:50 mark.
- Kelly Clarkson will return to host NBC’s three-hour live telecast of the “2019 Billboard Music Awards.”
- The “2019 Billboard Music Awards” will air live Wednesday, May 1 at 8 p.m. ET/PT from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
- “I had so much fun hosting the ‘Billboard Music Awards’ last year that I’m back for more,” Clarkson said. “We’re turning it up a notch this year and I can’t wait to celebrate all of my fellow amazing artists for another unforgettable night of live music.”
- This telecast marks the second year the “Billboard Music Awards” will air on NBC after its successful debut last May.
- Last year’s “Billboard Music Awards” scored a 2.4 rating in adults 18-49 and 7.9 million viewers overall in “live plus same day” Nielsens.
- Clarkson, who recently released her critically acclaimed eighth studio album, “Meaning of Life,” is among the most popular artists of this era with total worldwide sales of more than 25 million albums and 36 million singles. She is one of pop’s top singles artists, with 17 singles boasting multi-platinum, platinum and gold certifications around the world. Clarkson has released eight studio albums (“Thankful,” “Breakaway,” “My December,” “All I Ever Wanted,” “Stronger,” “Wrapped in Red,” “Piece By Piece,” “Meaning of Life”), one greatest hits album and two children’s books (New York Times Top 10 bestseller “River Rose and the Magical Lullaby” and the recent follow up, “River Rose and the Magical Christmas”).
- Clarkson has won three Grammy Awards, four American Music Awards, three MTV Video Music Awards, two Academy of Country Music Awards, two American Country Awards and one Country Music Association Award. She has also shown extremely rare versatility, having topped Billboard’s pop, adult contemporary, country and dance charts.
- Clarkson currently serves as a coach on the four-time Emmy Award-winning competition series “The Voice” and is slated to make her daytime debut this fall with NBC’s “The Kelly Clarkson Show.”
- The “2019 Billboard Music Awards” is produced by dick clark productions. Mark Bracco, Barry Adelman, Kelly Clarkson and Robert Deaton are executive producers.
SHOW MEDIA CREDENTIALS
To apply for media credentials to cover the “2019 Billboard Music Awards,” please click HERE and fill out the online form. Credential application process closes Wednesday, April 17, 2019.